Friday, August 22, 2008

Tired.

TGIF.  What a week.

Between a kick-butt work week, the Olympics (watching, let's be clear), mothering and being a wife to my husband (barely), I just feel exhausted.  Like I don't have much to give, much less to myself.  

So when I sit here all by my lonesome, with everyone asleep, and the house still, what do I do?

I want to write.  Or sit.  Or muse and ponder.  
Or all of the above.

But I'm so beat I can barely keep my eyes open as I type.  

Why am I still writing?

So I can remember.

Remember that there are good weeks and bad weeks.  Remember that being a full-time working mom, or a MOM in general is not easy and can leave you depleted at the end of the day...at the end of the week...where even though you have the aspiration to catch that precious time that you've already spent away from the family all week, your real desire is to hole up and sit by yourself.  And think about nothing.  Or write about nothing...like I am doing now.  Or just be.

I sometimes forget what that's like - to just be.  And it's kind of nice.  

This is exactly why I blog.



1 comment:

Polly said...

Oh yes, time for you, they few minutes you can scrap up are a true joy. Especially when they are guiltless - like now for me, My Hubby is away with the boys and my baby is asleep, what bliss.