Friday, August 15, 2008

T minus 1 day until...

...this race.

Oh well, I guess you never really feel ready. But I will run it no matter what.
Forget my goal of doing this race under 2 hours. I just want to finish.

I just hope staying up late every night to watch the Olympics doesn't catch up with me for this run. I will certainly need the energy!

This week at work and with my new non-profit foundation was a bitch and a half. And then pile this race on top of the super-busy week, and I have an unrelaxing weekend since I will be consumed by it, at least until 9am Sunday when it will be done and over with.

And then afterwards I will go to a spa and get a massage and get a pedicure. I will think those happy thoughts as I trudge through serene Point Loma, the beautiful harbor downtown and then through idyllic Balboa Park - all 13.1 miles of it.

4 comments:

KKJ said...

Wishing you good luck on your race.

CRigg said...

Thanks, KKJ! Want to join me for the Carlsbad Half in Jan? I find that if i don't keep signing up for these things, my running exercise just falls off a cliff!

just jamie said...

How did it go?

:)

CRigg said...

it was my worst half ever! :( (for me, time-wise). it was hot and i was dehydrated. but, i did finish!