Friday, June 6, 2008

The $72 Tummy Tuck

Spanx is my new best friend. 

And it's the perfect solution for my 3 1/2 year old twin tummy (read: muffin top) that I will never get rid of (without surgical help, obviously).  How did I not pick one up sooner?!

I know that they've been around and popular for some time now, especially thanks to Oprah's well-documented adoration of them.  And who doesn't listen to Oprah?

Apparently me.

A few weeks ago while at Nordstrom's Half Yearly Sale, I decided to give them a shot at the urging of my mom who with me.  After trying on lots of cute summer clothes and nearly 30 swim suits,  I was (not surprisingly) semi-depressed.  

Mom: I don't understand how you can sit here and try on clothes, shop for nice things, and not get the most basic of basics.

Me: I have bras and underwear, mom.

Mom: Do you watch Oprah?

Me: No.  I'm at work.  And plus, our Tivo is filled with WordWorld and SuperWhy.

Mom:   Geesh, Clarissa.  Spanx.  Don't you read US Magazine?!  All the stars wear them.  All that skinniness is not real.  They get help.  And so can you.

Me: But mom, isn't a girdle?  I don't wear girdles.

Mom: (exasperated) Ackkk.  Here.  Just try them on and see.  (as she hands me some Spanx and ushers me away)

So off I went, into the Nordstrom dressing room with my size Small pair of Slim Cognito Spanx.

And all I could say was WOW.  Just like that, my body was transformed back to my pre-baby figure.  

It's been a few weeks now and I can still say that I'm happy with it.  It truly is one of those rare life-changing products.  Spanx certainly lives up to the hype.   

And true to form, I do find that since I've been wearing my Spanx, I stand straighter, I walk taller, and I fit back into my old skinny jeans without seeing the muffin top.

Hey, if Gwyneth and Jessica Alba can wear a girdle, so can I.  
And I'm proud of it.


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Even better, did you know that Target has their own line of spanx for the wonderful Target price?!?!

Love them too - no twins, but I did pop out two kiddos thus far, and my clothes like me much better all smoothed out & such.....

Found you through Jamie. Nice to meet you!