Sunday, June 14, 2009

Facebook usernames...wha?

I don't get all of the kerfuffle about the Facebook username feature launch the other day.

Don't get me wrong, I got one approximately an hour after they made the username functionality available on 6/12/09...just to avoid someone "name squatting" me.

But, I still don't get it.  

Is this so I can send a URL to friends and family that's easy to remember?   But, can't they just find me on FB by searching through their friends?

And if friends and family are not already on FB connected to me, I don't want anyone else, anywhere else on the web finding me and seeing what I have to say.  Uh...huh?

Thankfully my FB profile is still all behind registration, and still retains my desired privacy settings.  (I know, I am a FB dork)

Point, please?

2 comments:

Fleur said...

I don't get it either. I'm not even sure why I bothered, except that everyone else did. Guess that makes me a lemming ;)

Polly said...

I don't get it either, I didn't even bother with a username.