Saturday, September 13, 2008

I got the call!!

So after the RNC, I was so mortified with what I heard that I had started to rant and spin in circles. My ranting finally became productive when, on a whim, I decided to apply with the Obama campaign to be a "Deputy Field Organizer" and do my part to help win this election in a battleground state. (California is a non-factor/traditionally blue state.)

Well, I got a call!!!!!

Yesterday afternoon, I got a voicemail from an Obama campaign volunteer named Anjali who said they had reviewed my application and were interested in having me, just so long as I could attend Camp Obama (the weekend community organizer boot camp in SoCal) AND just as long as I could spend a weekend doing community organizer work somewhere in Nevada (a battleground state) between now and Election Day!

Wow. Be careful what you wish for, right??!

Like I need another extra-curricular activity besides...um, everything else I'm doing.
BUT, I so LOVE, LOVE this stuff. And I feel so passionate about this election, and this candidate, our candidate -- more than I've ever felt before.


So now, I am busily trying to arrange for child care and do some creative juggling around our next couple of weekends since, if you can believe it, we are almost totally booked up between now and Election Day.

I so, so, so hope I can make this work.


4 comments:

Polly said...

This is great news. I hope you get lots out of this experience.

just jamie said...

You're amazing. Here I can barely fit a run in, and you're running 4 times a week and on a freaking real campaign trail. Rock on girl!

Unknown said...

That is AWESOME. I hope hope hope you can make it work!

CRigg said...

Trying to arrange it as we speak. Have been e-mailing back and forth with the SoCal Obama4America HQ to see if there are some alternatives that are more compatible with my schedule. And as far as NV trip goes, I'd be going to Las Vegas...not bad. At least it's not Carson City or Fallon. Wish me luck!!!!