Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Goals - 2009

OK,  I am inspired to put my 2009 goals out there like my real-world twin mom friend and blog buddy, Sarah, at See Sarah Spin.

Here goes...

Goal #1:  I will lose that twin pregnancy baggage from 4 years ago, if not through surgical help then definitely through natural means - eating better, working out, etc.  
How I know I'm successful: I will fit comfortably back into my size 4 clothes and my 26" waist jeans, preferably with no muffin top.

Goal #2:  I will work out at least 4 times a week and will vary up my routine besides only running.  This includes strength/core training and toning.
How I know I'm successful: See Goal #1 success criteria + I will have more energy.  Also, doing other exercise besides running...yoga, pilates, walking, hiking, swimming.

Goal #3:  I will floss at least more than I have in the past, take better care of my skin and in general, take care of my body - it's my body and I'm stuck with it.  So I better give it some TLC.
How I know I'm successful:  Younger, more youthful skin, good dental visits and strangers calling me "young lady"  or acting surprised (even if they are just humoring me) when I tell them my real age.

Goal #4:  I will spend more quality time and create more genuine encounter moments with my children and my husband.
How I know I'm successful:  Happy kids, happy husband who don't complain that I'm not present.  Mutually satisfying relationships.

Goal #5:  I will continue my path of community involvement/volunteering and take on a leadership role that also furthers my objective of advancing a skillset that can help me in other facets of my life like work, home, etc.
How I know I'm successful:  A developed network of contacts from my community involvement and volunteer work.  My community involvement actually shows tangible, positive outcomes.


Goal #6:  I will reduce my carbon footprint.
How I know I'm successful:  Hmmm.  That's a tough one to measure success.  I guess it's knowing that I am recycling more, driving less, etc.  

Goal #7:  I will eat more organically grown and produced foods.   And so will my family.   No processed crap or crap with preservatives.  This includes expanding the fruits and vegetables we grow in our garden as well as buying from local farmers and harvesters.
How I know I'm successful:  I guess knowing that we're doing this is enough!

And finally, Goal #8:  I will be more patient.
How I know I'm successful:  Putting on my "Pause" button before I start to talk/yell/scream. Being able to control my agitation if I want to say something or do something.

That's all.

3 comments:

Polly said...

Nice goals and very achievable - lots of luck. Im looking forward to reading your achievements!

Fleur said...

You are a good person to even set out this list!

The organic, local food/no crap seems to get easier with each passing year and every book I read about nutrition and the business of food. And having a baby has raised my awareness even more ... I'm going to try and start making his food in a few weeks. I think this year is promising on so many levels!

just jamie said...

Wow. I'm feeling rather lazy just reading these ambitions. LOVE them. Bravo, my friend!