Tuesday, January 20, 2009

1.20.09 - A Beautiful Day

You know that song from U2, "Beautiful Day"?  

Well, that's what today was...for me, our kids, the citizens of our great country and for a many, many people around the world.   


That song was the backdrop for a ginormous day in our country's history, where many breathed a collective sigh of relief while feeling the giddy anticipation and excitement of a child on Christmas morning.  Like a child, we've been waiting a long time, hoping for a new gift that gave us a sense of renewal, even if we were to enjoy the newness of it for even a fleeting moment...knowing that the harsh reality of much work to be done will set in tomorrow. 

However, for today, let's enjoy the moment.  Today was historic and magical.  
Truly a "where were you when..." moment.

Where were you when Barack Obama was sworn in as President?

Here was my reality...yes, work.


I said this the other day when I posted and I'll say it again:   
Godspeed, President Obama.  May we exceed our own expectations.    

I pledge to do my part to help you - us - succeed.   

You inspire me and our country to do great things, and I (and my kids, although they don't realize it yet) can't thank you enough for it.   It truly is a gift.

(Yes, I sent them to preschool this way.  i know, i am shamelessly leveraging my kids to get across my beliefs.  It's my 1st amendment right after all.
God bless America.)

1 comment:

Polly said...

tucked up in bed asleep, but had I not had to work the next day, I would have been sitting right in front of my TV. its a world wide excitment.