Friday, July 11, 2008

These people obviously don't have kids

I drove to the mall today at lunch to run a few errands and naturally went to my normal parking lot on the 2nd level outside of Nordstrom.   The lot was strangely crowded and full of cars circling about looking for spots.  Hmmmm...Friday...lunchime - I guess everyone had the same idea I had.

After about 10 minutes of making rounds through the lot, I was able to weasel my way to a parking spot.  As I walked through the mall to run my errands, I was quickly reminded that little known company from Cupertino, CA was having a big product launch today.

Yes, the Apple iPhone 3G.  Lovely.

The line snaked past the food court and around a few stores on the other side of the mall.  You would think from this line that they were waiting in line to see the Pope, or better yet, they were auditioning for latest season of American Idol. 

(Jealous, sarcastic tone begins here.) These people obviously have a LOT of time on their hands.  And they obviously don't have kids.   I just don't get the American fascination with gadgets and being the first in line to get the latest and greatest.

Someday when these people have babies, they'll recognize and appreciate and love what's easy and convenient and low-stress.  For now, they can enjoy their child-free days and stand in line for days just to  have the bragging rights that they were the first to get coolest, greatest, new Apple thang.

Yeah, uh, that's it.  

(Note:  Clarissa mocks only because she wants a 3G, too.  For now, she will continue to appreciate her Palm Centro...until next week when you will probably see her in line at UTC mall along with the others waiting to get their hands on the latest and greatest Apple creation).

1 comment:

just jamie said...

as I type from my new g3 I'm feeling pretty happy. Yeah huh baby. I might even let you touch it. :)