Friday, February 20, 2009

'xplainin the absence

busy, busy at work... management presentations galore.

family funeral last week in which i wrote the eulogy (more to come on this when i am repaired from this experience).

husband traveled this week, leaving me with kids all week long - along with a full plate at work. was pulling hair out.  four. days. straight.

i'll be back, just can't function enough to write a coherent blog post. 

am only capable of phrases and short snippets, a la Facebook statuses.

am depleted of energy but the old me shall return soon, thanks to my new found solace in yoga.

ooohhhhhmmmmm.

4 comments:

just jamie said...

Wow Clarissa, your week sounds like mine. I've been sick for two weeks. Patrick went skiing in Vail with the guys. The kids are wretchedly sick. Even the damn dog is sick (had to take her to the hospital). Work is crazy with Open House next week, and my mind isn't exactly tip top.

(Sigh...)

What is this yoga you speak of? I need me some of that. :)

Glad you're back, if only in phrases. Sorry to hear about the funeral. That couldn't have been easy.

Polly said...

Take care Crigg. Look forward to your return.

presious said...

I can totally relate to where you are coming from. I don't have twins, but they run in my family. I do have four young adults that I am a single parent of since 1996. Dad is good with them and is very involved.

I run an in-home daycare and I take care of my surprise 5 month old grandson pretty much around the clock. I'm up at 5:30 getting my boys off to high school, from their it is daycare until 10:30 at night (3 days a week), other days til 6:30. I do try to go to bible study once a week.

Half the time I can't even think straight, let alone accomplish a task!

On top of everything you have to do just to run your household, in the absence of your husband, you wrote for the furneral. The loss can be very difficult for the following few weeks.

If you can find the time, maybe a long hot shower or bath with some smell goods followed by a hot cup of tea before you go to bed(if that is something you enjoy).

Wishing the best for you...Presious

Polly said...

Hey Crigg - just want to let you know I hope all is ok and I miss your posts!